Monday, March 31, 2014

     Letters to Jay

Do you remember the moment your heart grew cold?
Was it because you were forced to watch your life unfold
When you were taken from your father at five years-old
And your mother's time had already been borrowed and sold?
Or the time that you had no one to confide,
So you swallowed your pride
And implied
That you needed no one by your side.
Not only had your love for life died,
You were dying inside.
But still you tried...
I remember: it was the day you said you HATED ME.
But you couldn't pretend
That I wasn't your friend.
And in the end,
I knew you didn't intend
To overextend
The helping hand I tried to lend.
I pray
That one day
You won't push me away.
All of them, they led you astray,
But trust me when I say
I won't treat you that way!
No, please don't walk away.
Just this once Jay
Please...please stay.


by Fatima Livan

No comments:

Post a Comment