Thursday, April 10, 2014

He Said She Said


He wrote, she wrote
I wrote, they said:

I have been besieged for too long.

I said, she said
They wrote, he said:

Why am I no longer a victim?

They wrote, I said
She said, he wrote:

How is this not about me?

I said, I wrote,
I tried, I cried:

Why can't anyone see me?

I bleed my life
on paper with pen
to people with words.

It's only a certainty
my brand leaves me sober
knowing my story
is half of the battle.

I said, she said,
they said, he said:

I have taken my place
at the chair,
at the table.

I have to stop you
from taking me over.

He wrote, she wrote,
I wrote, they said,
They said, he said,
he wrote, she wrote:

My joy is a fable,
my friends are untruthful.
Can you please help me?
I need a moment.

He said, she said,
she wrote, he wrote,
they said, we said,
I wrote, I said:

Things might get crazy up ahead;
so I've taken my place at the chair,
at the table.

He said, she said,
He wrote, she wrote,
I tried, I cried:

I am a lie
and so are you.




by Owen Loscar

2 comments:

  1. Nice drum beat rhythm, alternating with suggestive lines...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely symbolic, nice use of repetition and apostrophe. Love this one Owen. Still like byzantium better though ;)

    ReplyDelete